Why Do I Think This Is Necessary?
I believe students should have a greater say on how their University is run, more information on how decisions are made and details on how the monies they pay (the debts they accrue) is spent.
If elected, I will aim to create a different style of leadership and representation at Student Union level by introducing a series of measures designed to make the student representative body more accountable, and decision making more transparent.
We Students simply don’t have enough information and its flow whether academic or social needs to be improved.
I PLEDGE TO
• Give the students more say
• Restore trust in a student’s union which hardly anyone understands
• Make improvements in the delivery of your education
• Make life easier and create less obstacles in your education
• Do whatever it takes because “We Are The Future”
1) We need weekly workshops, once a month for each campus as there are four campuses. Week 1 PR / Week 2 KP / Week 3 RV / Week 4 KH. The students need to know that if I have any problems there is someone who will do something about it and they need a presence to reassure them. The student body need to know that they are not being asked to vote and then it’s over.
2) We should just ask this one question, who sits on the Students Union board now?
3) We need to get lectures on YouTube for 24-7 reference. We need a university radio station. We need an overhaul of our IT systems, one login - one computer. It really is not necessary to login 3 times before you access studyspace or your emails.
4) We need more buses or maybe we need to sub contract TFL to handle the orbital transport system at Kingston University
5) We are the future. Together!
Fancy a £10 Voucher for amazon, just leave a comment...but remember you have to be able to be contacted so don't post anonymously